Knitting Maven

Knitting Maven - everything good about finding knitting templates online. The best places to find discount yarn - and lots of fun and free knitting tips!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Knitting Maven

Knitting Maven

I am in the middle of teaching a class in knitting. I came across a funky knitted scarf pattern and now the whole class is making it. It is a twisted scarf. All I did was knit up 3 strips. Each one was done in stockinette and was 3 inches wide and 81 inches long. I did it with a gorgeous bulky yarn. It shaded as it knit up and had flecks of gold in it.

I attached the 3 strips at the top and braided them and then attached them at the bottom. I put a pompom on each end. It is really a great knitted scarf.

One of the woman did it with 2 different yarns for a little girl. She knitted 2 strips in a solid yellow yarn and one strip in a yellow and pink ribbon. This one we made 2 inches wide and 45 inches long. We used the 2 different yarns to make pompoms. It is actually quite beautiful and different.